By Taylor Kuehl (@TaylorKuehlUWO)
Self-proclaimed advertising nerd, Brody Karmenzind, received a Bachelor of Science degree in Journalism, with an emphasis in advertising in 2014. After graduation, he gained invaluable experience while working for Pandora. It was when the opportunity to work for Facebook presented itself, that Karmenzind jumped at the chance to continue to grow within the field he loves.
Life Is Good Being a Facebook Employee
- Assists his clients as partner manager to help them achieve their marketing goals through advertising on both Facebook and its family of apps
- Works with world-class coworkers who push each other to work faster, be smarter and improve overall as employees
- Mentors coworkers and clients
- Plays ping pong a couple times per week
- Enjoys the free cooked meals served within the office three times a day
Karmenzind believes there are three main skills/personal characteristics necessary to be successful within a career.
- Be consistently clear and concise with your communication.
- Have a hunger to learn because industries are constantly changing.
- Be open to failing and learning from those mistakes because the bigger risks you take, the bigger the rewards received.
He considers the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh Department of Journalism to be the number one reason behind the high-level of success he has seen thus far within his career. The program not only laid out all career possibilities, but it provided him with the knowledge and skills needed to break into that industry.
Favorite Journalism Department Memory
“My favorite memories are all of the everyday encounters with classmates and professors. It was a great experience to be part of a smaller program and really get to know everyone,” said Karmenzind.
What are some of your favorite memories associated with the UW Oshkosh journalism department? Do you have a question for Brody? If so, leave a comment or connect with him through his LinkedIn account!