My Bekins, one of America’s largest moving and storage companies is, offering an unpaid social media internship during the winter interim period next month. The intern will have the opportunity to learn the industry and support the Marketing Department operations at their Chicago headquarters.
The company is looking for an intern who will bring a keen sense of effective social media tactics and propose new strategies in addition to carrying out assigned tasks. A flexible yet consistent commitment of approximately 35-40 hours per week during the winter interim is expected, although qualified candidates who possess SEO/SEM skills may have the opportunity to work more hours after interim.
Requirements for the internship are:
• Experience working knowledge in social networking (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.), blogging and message boards preferred
• Online research of new and emerging sites
• Experience in SEO and SEM is preferred, but not required
• Excellent analytical and research skills
• Ability to multitask efficiently
• MS Office Suite
• Strong desire to be a “team player”
• Excellent verbal and written communication
Although this opportunity is an unpaid internship, the student will gain:
• Working in a professional environment with multiple communication layers
• Ability to test learned marketing methods in a practical application for success
• Creative writing for business
• Working with a company open to new ideas and trying imaginative marketing approaches
Please send resume and cover letter to Jon Huser at firstname.lastname@example.org. Based on the individual circumstances, there is a potential for assistance with housing accommodations. The application deadline is Sunday, Dec. 19, 2010.
More internship opportunities are posted on the Department of Journalism website. See what other positions are available.